Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sock Hop

Avery's school holds an annual sock hop fundraiser and encourages the kids to dress in their '50s gear for the day and that evening. Avery had baseball practice that evening from which we went straight to the sock hop so instead I dressed Carson as a greaser and had fun taking pictures of him during Avery's practice.

This was definitely my favorite shot. What a perfect expression!
Carson

But we had lots more fun...
Carson

Carson

Carson

Carson

I took some with my phone too to try for a good one to post with Instagram.
Carson

Carson

In the end, I just used my phone to take a picture of the screen of my camera of my favorite shot and posted it.
Carson

Then I gave Carson a break and let him blow dandelion seeds.
Carson

AH! It hit my eye!
Carson

But I'm okay...
Carson

Carson

Carson had some pretty good hula hoop moves... for a couple seconds anyway.
Carson

He never took his jacket off, but we did have his sleeves rolled under his shirt too.
Carson

Meanwhile, Avery won one of the drawings! He won "pizza party" and of course was super excited.
Avery, Carson

2 comments:

CarrieM said...

Aww--I love the sock hop. They didn't have it when I was there, but when my younger sisters were attending. What handsome boys!

RaQuelle said...

he looks amazing! love it