Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Red Leaves

After four years in Milwaukee where all the color was in everyone else's yard and our maple tree (which dominated all front views) had leaves that just died and fell off, finally, here in Salem, I have gorgeous color!

This is one of our two front trees which are yellow on the inside and turn to a deep red the further out the branches extend.
Photobucket

In the back our trees are super red.
Here are some pictures from the last 2 weeks of the boys playing outside in them.
Carson,Avery

Okay, so they're not really playing in the leaves in these, they're playing in the rain.
Avery,Carson

Crazy pirate matches the leaves
Avery

Avery,Carson

Jump!
Carson

Avery

Carson

I can't even express how happy these gorgeous reds made me. Pathetic that the colorful Midwest couldn't give me color at my own home, but now my green Northwest can! I hope this won't be a one year fluke since we're just renting now...

1 comment:

Aaron and Kristel said...

I love Carson's face in that last pic.. soo adorable! Wow, you really captured the vibrant red in those leaves.. awesome job!