Friday, April 1, 2011

My Birthday

For my birthday, which landed on a Wednesday, we went out to dinner together as a family. Travis bought cake making stuff that evening on the way home for work, but of course it was too late to do anything with it. Thursday night he had a dental continuing ed seminar so he made the cake late at night after that. So it wasn't until Friday that we lit the candles and they sung to me. After last year's cake mess, Travis played it safe with just the 9x13. Let's not count the candles, though, shall we?
birthday

I did however get cake on my actual birthday. My friend Becca showed up with a slice of chocolate heaven from Konditorei and totally made my day! Isn't that the best!? Thanks Becca!


On Saturday, Travis' parents watched the boys so I could have a day out with my man. We went to the coast despite the iffy weather (it's always iffy at the coast anyway) and it turned out to be a great visit! The drizzle kept to just the time we were in the car between beaches!

When the tide was right, we climbed around the point at Road's End to the hidden beach behind it.
hidden beach

hidden beach

We both had to hop on a rock when this sneaker wave came up.
hidden beach

Such a beautiful, rocky beach!
hidden beach

I spotted a float, so Travis had to nab it to add to his Dad's boat.
hidden beach

Travis under a rocky outcrop.
hidden beach

The view from inside.
hidden beach

On another beach, blue skies were chasing the clouds away!
reflection

A jetty on another beach... Watching the waves...
Nye Beach

Is it a sneaker..?
Nye Beach

Yup, he's moving...
Nye Beach

Although he didn't actually have to. I love seeing the surf come in over the rocks.
Nye Beach

A week later we had my birthday dinner with the whole family so what with that and some other bits my birthday celebration was really spread out this year. I was feeling the love longer. :)

2 comments:

Laura said...

Fun birthday! I love it when the celebration gets stretched out. :-)

Mom said...

Those rocks look so innocent when covered up.
What! No pic of the birthday girl?