Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Cows and Cars

Travis finished his last final today, so the boys (me too me too!) were very happy that he could be finished studying. This meant some fun outside with the boys and catching up on some TV.

So tonight we watched the recorded new episode of Simpson's from last Sunday (Travis, and now of course Avery, are addicts). In the episode Bart joined 4-H and had a red cow named Lou. At bed time tonight Avery informed us that he wants to get a white cow named "Moo Moo Cow" from the farm. Then he decided he needed 2 red cows named Lou. And "I want Mommy and Daddy to give me some money to get a cow from the farm, but we don't have money for a cow right now..."
Well, at least he knows things cost money and we don't have it...
:)

The outside fun involved Travis' Christmas present from a year and a half ago, a remote control Jeep. Avery likes driving it, but he loves chasing it and being chased by it.

The Chase:
Carson exploring the ground:Avery, like usual, hamming it up for the camera:

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Hazel said something about money like that before too. It made us think how much we talk about money (or more like the lack of it) around her.

Anonymous said...

A few weeks ago Chloe heard Tim and I talking to the effect of not having money for something or other, and the next thing we know she's shoving her piggy bank at us saying we should have it 'in case you need to buy something, and you don't have the money right now.' It made me want to cry almost that she was being so generous, but I'm glad she understands money to some extent, as in not always having some to burn. At the grocery store if I let her pick some fruit snacks or something, she'll say, "oh thank you, I'm such a lucky girl, what a nice mommy you are!" it's adorable.
That pic of Carson is great. Your boys Are both super-photogenic. Carson always has kind of a deeply mysterious look abpout him, not to mention that plump little pout! Every once in a while out of no where, Chloe will say, "Jace had a Carson look!" And sure enough, a lot of the time when I look in time, I'd say he has an expression similar to Carson too. :)