Saturday, April 5, 2008

Flights cancelled days before...

I hate flying, we rarely go anywhere more than twice a year, but I had planned something completely out of character...
I was really looking forward to going to Ohio with the boys for a week starting this Wednesday to visit my Aunt and Uncle, and my Mom and Grandma who are also flying in, to see my cousin Jenna play Rose in "Meet me in St. Louis" (One of the main parts if you're not familiar.) We got a great deal on Skybus airlines, a low cost airline at only $159 for all 3 of us!! That's cheaper than gas to drive there, and certainly less hassle and time, especially since driving all day by myself and trying to keep the boys happy did not sound fun. Well, Skybus announced Friday that that would be there last day of operation and Monday they would file for bankruptcy. Thanks for the last minute notice!!! At least I did have a few days unlike the poor saps who probably showed up at airports today expecting to fly. And at least I'm not mid-trip with no way to get home. Still, I wish they could've waited just 2 more weeks to fold... Of course, airline tickets now to replace the trip are ridiculous, about 5 times the cost.
Thanks, Skybus, for ruining my trip.

No comments: