Friday, April 18, 2008

"Meet Me In St. Louis!"

So I was really bummed about Skybus going under and taking my trip away. I didn't even think about driving until Travis (in much kinder terms) basically said he didn't want my moping about the house and would I drive if we got the boys a portable DVD player. Ohhh, well that might work... So I went, and surprised my Mom and Grandma who I didn't tell I would be driving. The drive down went better than any other drive we've taken there and the drive back was nearly as good as the first. Many thanks for that, and for the DVD player totally making it possible!!

We went to all 3 showings of Meet Me In St. Louis (the reason I wanted to go with my cousin Jenna playing Rose).

My aunt Darla does the majority of the costumes! This year especially was a feat because the woman who normally helps was unavailable and they added a grade school choir of 40 with 2 costumes each! Altogether there were 219 costumes, most of them done by Darla!

On the 3rd night we were in the front row and I took my camera and covertly took pics and a couple video clips. Here's a clip of the amazing Jenna singing.

Pic with Julia and Jenna:

All the Cabe kids are musical (their mom, Darla, is a great singer too!)
Chris was
-a von Trapp child in "The Sound of Music"
-a sailor in "Anything Goes"
-the goon Travis in "Footloose"
-and the Scarecrow in "The Wiz"
(and he plays the guitar and is an aspiring rock star)
Cameron was
-general chorus in "Footloose"
-a featured singer of the chorus in "The Wiz"
-the bookseller in "Beauty and the Beast"
-and Bud Frump (the boss' nephew - main part) in "How to Succeed in Business"
(and he plays the drums)
Jenna was
-general chorus in "Beauty and the Beast"
-a secretary in "How to Succeed in Business"
-now Rose in "Meet Me In St. Louis"
-and undoubtedly she'll get the lead female role next year since the girl playing Esther in "St. Louis" is a senior this year
This was Julia's first year and she was in the general chorus for "St. Louis"
The 2 youngest Cabe's, Sarah and MaKenna, also got to be in "St. Louis" because they needed a grade school choir for the Halloween scene and they were also used in a Christmas scene.

The 4 girls in the pic above are, clockwise from upper left, Jenna, Julia, Sarah and MaKenna.

Pic with my Mom after the show:


While at the show, the eldest cousins, Chris and Cameron, took turns watching my boys. Apparently one night Avery had quite a bit of apple juice and was crazy, so Chris or Cameron (sorry guys, you'll have to remind me who) taught Avery a new phrase...

"I had whiskey, and I'm a drunk"
PS. yes, this is a Member family, the Dad's a bishop... :)

Grandma Benjamin also had lots of fun teaching the boys new things, like break dancing...




Here's another picture I just really like of Carson hanging out with his Grandma Benjamin listening to secrets and getting some love :)

Thanks for all the fun Cabe's!Cameron, Chris, Sarah, Jenna, Julia, MaKenna

3 comments:

Mindy said...

I'm really glad you decided to drive all the way to the musical/play.
Looks like your boys loved spinning around on the floor. Their grandma is a lot nicer spinning them so slowly--Hazel and Henry love to be whipped around on the floor. We think it's hillarious when their heads keep spinning and you can tell they are watching the walls move around and around. Aren't wood floors wonderful? Endless entertainment.

RaQuelle Willey said...

Loved the pictures & videos! Looks like you had a fabulous time! You sure have talent in your family!

Anonymous said...

We're so jealous! It's been so long since I've seen the Cabe clan and everyone is so grown up and beautiful!
Laurie-YOU LOOK FABULOUS! You don't look pregnant at all and you're more than half way! The pic of you and mom is awesome- I haven't seen your face that thin since Hawaii! Travis sure bagged one hot mama! Love you!