Friday, April 25, 2008

Asleep!

Earlier this week Avery didn't want to eat lunch, so I knew shortly after I put the boys down for naps Avery would reappear wanting lunch. I was expecting this and nap time was early enough that day that I was willing to put up with this. I got his lunch and since I didn't have to worry about Carson I headed for the computer.
When Avery called that he was finished, I was in the middle of something and asked him to wait a minute. After a little while I realized I hadn't heard him in a while and no wonder I forgot to go get him. So I head out wondering what kind of mess he's made in all that silence.
Surprise! He's asleep instead! And this from a boy who's in transition with whether he needs naps anymore! So I wipe his hands and face (with not a little vigor considering he was crusty by this point) but still he slept, so of course then I have to go get the camera. :)
I then had to carry him to bed and he only opened his eyes and became conscious enough when laying down to lift his legs out of the way of his blankets. Normally I can't shut their bedroom door during naps until Avery is asleep (he just wont allow it, and if he shuts it it's because he wants to make mischief) but on this occasion I could shut the door on my way out. Miracle.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Nice. We all pray for moments like this.

Unknown said...

Kids are so funny. Cute.