Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day

Today was a busy day, especially for Avery!
But I'm a negligent Mom and didn't do my duty with the camera, so I have very little of Avery or Carson to show you.
First Avery did a lot of playing and working outside. Travis helped out "Neighbor Greg" (who's also our landlord) with quite a few things - his lawn mower, yard work in our yard and theirs and I don't know what else. Avery stayed busy too, helping where he could. He has a little plastic wheelbarrow that saw a lot of use hauling dirt and lawn trimmings. When nap time came he was exhausted and as you can see from the one pic of him, he was nearly asleep before he even made it to bed. Travis had just cleaned him up from lunch and ended up having to carry him to bed.

Carson was lamenting being inside and only catching glimpses of the action out the front screen door (tho looking at this pic I wonder how he can see thru the filthy thing!)...

Later we had a BBQ with our dental school friends here. Again, I was negligent on camera duty. I will have to see if anyone was better than I and can email me some tidbits... The one I do have Kristel snapped of me with her cute little baby Kieley.

And here I just have to toot my horn for a second. Do you know how many years it's been since I've seen a pic of myself and not balked at the fat face, fat arms, etc? Quite a few. But, happily, I've conquered much of that with some decent weight loss finally. Although I am back on the upswing in weight again for this pregnancy, I still think I'm managing well. Hopefully I can keep it up and this baby doesn't set me back too far! (Yes, there is a baby belly under there!)

Maybe when we're ready to leave Wisconsin in a year, if I keep doing well, I'll finally get the courage to post a before and after shot of how far I've come from when we first moved here... We'll see, after all, I'll have an 8 month old then and maybe I won't have a decent enough "after" shot yet...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that pic of Carson. Please take some more side shots of him. Actually some more anything of him.

Avery certainly knows how to put in a hard days work!

That Kieley sure is a cutey. I see she is tipping your head just so for the camera.

Laurie, you look fabulous!!!!
(I dreamt about you last night. You were about 7 and staying to play somewhere. I cried as I walked away because I loved you so much.) Silly me!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Those two boys are so darn CUTE!! I can't wait for the third one to arrive!! You look so cute pregnant, I love it!! I'm glad i finally got a picture of you with my little princess. :)

Anonymous said...

If you only knew how much I love you!!!!