Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Motorcycles and Cookies

This weekend Avery "helped" Daddy wash his bike. Which obviously meant they went thru a lot of water and Travis was left with a thoroughly clean bike seat. Here's video of it.



Today Avery and I made cookies. No, I'm not a great homemaker who makes cookies all the time, far from it, but I did see a picture pop up of my Mom and Avery making them and it just struck my fancy.
Sad part: when Travis got home I heard him and came out to see his reaction. I was hoping for his sort of man squeal of "oooh" that he does, but no. He looks a little happy, but then looks at me and says all dejectedly, "but they're not for me, are they." What a kill joy. Yeah, I'm giving away 5 dozen cookies and not letting you have any! I did pack some off to book club tonight, but only 5 got eaten, which is probably quite a few less than Travis ate himself while I was gone! Of course, once he found out they weren't designed specifically to go anywhere, he was much happier, but still I didn't get the "oooh" I wanted :(
Back to the making of...
I didn't have enough chocolate chips upstairs, so I left Avery licking the paddle and went downstairs to get more. Of course when I got back up Avery had dipped the paddle into the bowl and scooped up more dough but with some chocolate chips this time! It's kinda hard to see that he's done this in this pic, but you can at least see that the tip isn't all scrapped off like the rest of the paddle.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

What's funny about Avery helping with the bike is that he is telling Travis how much water to put in the bucket. Just is so typical of that age. Fill it up, all the way to the top, a lot a lot of water sort of thing. It's just fun to watch.
Too bad about the cookies. There are days when I feel like a superhero--tackled that mountain of laundry, made/attempted a delicious meal...and you want everyone around to applause. It's kind of less motivating when you don't get the reaction you were hoping for. Then I feel bad for wanting that...because I'm supposed to be more selfless. Ah, the struggles with being a stay at home mom. (Which by the way, I saw a friend of mine calls "Domestic Engineer"...now that sounds nice huh?)