Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Frank, This Post Is For You

The Aumsville Office one year anniversary party included a raffle, the grand prize being $1000 in free dentistry. I think it went to the perfect person. Frank won and he is a big fan of my photography that's displayed in the office. Even better, he used to shoot weddings, 2 or 3 a month, so it's always nice to have the support of another photographer. So yesterday he came into the office to have a consult about what he should use the $1000 for. And he brought a gift for me! He brought his flash bracket for me that he used to use when he shot weddings! He was also scheduled for more time than needed, so afterward Travis sat down at the computer with him to show him Laurie Marie Photography. I guess they sat there for about a half hour looking through my work. Travis was a good man and sat down with me last night to go back through an see what comments and suggestions he could remember that he hadn't already told me on the phone.

So back to why this post is for Frank. Sometime after he was in the office, Travis called me to tell me about his visit and his gift for me. When the phone rang I was almost finished cleaning up this:
Emmett

I have to add this one too because I just noticed what Carson is doing in the background.
Emmett

Emmett

These were fairly new (and we have two because Carson hates the flavor of OralB)
Emmett

*sigh* So I finished cleaning that up as Travis began to tell me about Frank's visit. When I finished cleaning the mess I walked in the hall to find Emmett coming towards me with a pen pointed towards his belly. I have no clue where he found the pen. He didn't appreciate me taking the pen away.
Emmett

Then I walked in the office to put the pen away and found this under me desk. Seriously?
Emmett

I would like to point out that these were already after I had cleaned up two other messes that morning. And so many days are like that! I feel like I'm loosing my mind half the time. But not on this day. Frank made the day. He saved it. Instead of ending the day feeling utterly defeated by a couple of punk midgets, I felt great! So, Frank, THANK YOU for loving my work, THANK YOU for thinking of me for you flash bracket, THANK YOU for all your comments and suggestions. THANK YOU. You made my day against many odds.

No comments: