Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Drive Home

This is basically a scenic post. Before I get to the drive home, I said in the first post about Spokane that we went out the morning that Spokane was freshly blanketed in snow so I could take pictures of the winter wonderland the city had become. Most of those I have posted over on Laurie Marie Photography, but here are two others from the morning:

I can't help but wonder, is this the crazy duck lady's house?
Spokane,snow,ducks

The local public pool was looking a lot more private than public.
Spokane,snow

On the drive home snowy Spokane could only partially be seen through the icy windshield. It was sunny and glistening out and I wish there had been a little of that on my snowy photographic expedition the day before.
snowy Spokane

snowy Spokane

snowy Spokane

snowy

Watch out!
snowy streets

snowy streets

snowy streets

snowy fields

Back in the gorge, the sun had just recently set when we came to the first views of Mt. Hood.
Mt. Hood

Mt. Hood

Mt. Hood

Mt. Hood

sunset

sunset

The boys did really well on the drive, thankfully, and we made it home in decent time.

Today, I'm actually getting this posted after we just got back from Spokane again for a short weekend there for Travis to attend a dental seminar. The drive home didn't end up quite as decently. The details can wait for that post.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love the snow photos! Gorgeous!!