Saturday, June 11, 2011

Mother's Day

purple petuniasI never posted about Mother's Day this year, but I received a hanging basket of flowers, a giant wall clock, and a large full length mirror. But possibly my favorite gift was one brought home from preschool by Carson. He took great pride in these purple petunias for his Mom. Purple, after all, is my favorite color, and these are perfect.

It has since been removed from the cute basket and put in a white pot on my front porch. Then the other day Mr. Punk, a.k.a. Emmett, pulled each of the many blooms off of it. Of course, there were several blooms on the way, so the plant would be colorless only a short time, but still, I did not appreciate his destruction. And a frustrated Carson exclaimed, "Now I have to get you new purple flowers!" Sweet boy. Then today, he was so happy to see a new bloom had opened and told me all about it with much ado.

2 comments:

CarrieM said...

That's a cute story. Lillian unpotted flowers I got for mother's day twice, and the second time it was not discovered until it was too late.

Mom said...

I'm so glad you keep this blog with all of these special moments memorialized.