Thursday, June 5, 2008

Do you remember..?

For a little while now Carson has been in a stage where he likes to bring things to us. Just for us to have? We can't take it and just set it aside, that makes him mad and he'll grab it and try to give it to us again. Does he want us to do something with it? Not generally. Really, we just have to say "Thank you, Carson!" like it's the best gift ever and hold onto it. Sometimes we can get rid of an item by "gifting" it back to Carson with the necessary pomp.

Last night Travis asked if I remembered Avery doing that. I couldn't recall. But I did immediately think "Aha! I need to blog that so we can remember that particular quirk."

Additionally, I'd like to remember Carson's current favorite game. The shape ball. That's one item he brings to you and expects you to do something with it. So, everyday, I sit and dutifully rotate the ball for him to the correct spot... about 50 times a day. He's very good at getting them in, hopefully all this practice means he'll soon be able to find the right spots himself. I know I have the thing memorized!


In light of all this remembering, I think I've decided to start posting back dated blogs. After all, I'm no journaler, and I know in 10 years I won't remember why half the pictures I have were even taken, so I need to do something about that now while I still recall a healthy amount. I'm loving the blog format, and I think it's a great place to capture the history.

It'll be interesting to see if adding back dated posts will count with RSS feed readers as "new" material that then just confuses because things look old or sound not quite like our current family. Sorry if that happens and confuses anyone!

Anyway, that's my new goal. Who knows how motivated I'll be to get it done...

2 comments:

Nicki said...

Your boys are so adorable. We need to get together for a playdate...hey, don't mind me and my blog, I didn't mind your "somewhat negative comment" about us blues...it's just that I'm blue and super-sensitive, but would like to think that I am not and my hubby knows better than to poke at my emotions...anyway, I hope I didn't make you feel bad (here I go, being blue again)...I just gotta know you're OK!!! It was all in good humor I hope. Thanks for your comments. I love to know someone reads my blog. By the way, bring the boys over sometime so you can go to a OB check alone! I think Brooklyn has a little crush on Avery.

Anonymous said...

Only 50 times a day??? You were ahead of him in that area. Talk about learning by rote. The shape ball must be one of the great inventions for capturing a kid.