Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Strawberry Picking

Today we went strawberry picking at Barthel Fruit Farm for playgroup. This is the same place we got our pumpkins last fall. It was fun, but definitely more challenging than a pumpkin patch. I didn't take many pictures because of course I was too busy wrangling Carson and trying to hurry and pick before Avery got bored and Carson fell apart.
As you'll see from the pics, I did NOT think about what I was doing when I chose clothes for the boys this morning. To be fair, Avery was great and just barely got a tiny smear on one spot on his white shirt although I think he did sit on a strawberry. I was thankful they were a very dark wash jean short.
When Avery saw the shirt I had for Carson this morning he said "Whoa! Cool shirt!" He doesn't remember wearing it himself I suppose. And then when I saw what Carson did to his clothes with the strawberries and said "Uh, oh" nosy Avery obviously had to know what was wrong. When I explained, Avery was really torqued off. He was just so mad that Carson ruined his cool shirt! I had to promise right then I would try and fix it as soon as we got home.

This is what Avery does when I say "Smile" and "Look at the camera" didn't even get him to look at me with his "funny guy" face
Here, Carson has finished smashing his first strawberry all over his shirt, crotch, left leg (hard to see) and finally decided to try and get some of the smashed goods in his mouth. I don't know what the scowl is about. Bright sun and no strawberry in hand?
AND........... Stick a fork in him, Carson is DONE. He walked straight over to me and plopped down just like that. Sending me a message you suppose?
P.S. I rock it in the laundry. That's right, all traces of strawberry are gone. Avery will be very pleased.

2 comments:

Nicki said...

So...just how does a person remove that strawberry juice? Our clothes are still waiting for the maid to come (she doesn't come on Tuesdays...)

Anonymous said...

I love that last picture of Carson! Hehe :)