Thursday, June 26, 2008

Swimming!

Yesterday we went swimming at my good friend Kristel's. I was surprised to realize that it was Carson's first time and that it's been 2 years since Avery last got in a pool!

I think from the get go Avery realized that Kristel's beautiful sister Bri who's visiting was going to be more fun and pay more attention to him than I was...
We bought this car for Carson, but it didn't do much for him. I think he definitely felt too imprisoned.So of course that meant Avery had to squeeze his way in! He fit, although he is well past the height recommendation, so watching him get in and out was entertaining...
Why would anyone want to cooperate and smile for the camera? Carson just couldn't be bothered and Avery flat out refused.
But wait, there's Avery's version of smiling for the camera! And yes, next to Bri with her gorgeous olive skin and Utah tan, I'm disturbingly white...The ever adorable baby Kieley (this is as far as Kieley and Kristel got in today, but that's okay, they were the resident bathing beauties). So Avery says..."Hey baby, goin' my way?"
Apparently Bri told Avery I would give him a treat if he smiled for the camera. Of course the way that "smile" translate means funny faces: a sudden burst of head flailing, tongue wagging back and forth with high pitched annoying noise, and eye rolling.
Here's a couple head shots of Carson... can anyone tell I like these type of shots?......
Such a serious guy! Serious looks are easy to come by, but I like this shot because he's really sticking his belly out...
After a while, Carson decided he'd had enough of us and went over by the gate to have some quality time with this little float...
Thanks so much for inviting us, ladies! We had loads of fun! And I can promise even with a trip to Oregon this week, Avery will not forget the promise of seeing Bri again before she leaves! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Avery climbing into the car. Tall and skinny; reminds me of Christopher and he would also try to get in the car. The 'hey baby' pic is great too....another Christopher reminder. Carson is so cute. I love the belly shot....'you want a picture, I'll give you a picture!' What a cutie that Kieley is!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming over with your ever so adorable boys!! We had lots of fun too! I can't wait for #3, yay!! :)

RaQuelle Willey said...

Looks like some fun in the sun! Loved the picture of you with the boys, you look super pretty and of course Avery's pulling face was great too!