Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Emmett Crawls




Yesterday, at 6 days before he turns 6 months, Emmett had a breakthrough on the crawling front. He's been army crawling for a few weeks, and lately has spent a lot of time on his hands and knees. Yesterday he started being able to crawl a few steps at a time. Here are some clips from last night. Watch out for the dinosaur at the end...

So I had to look back in the pictures to see how he compares to his brothers. Looks like he's ahead of Carson, who was still army crawling at a week before 6 months (tho not for long). Bummer, I was really hoping Emmett would take his time and give my toes a rest, since the other two always had me on them! I can't tell with Avery since I don't have nearly as many pictures of him (crappy camera), so I'll give a different stat on him. Avery had everyone beat at sitting! He was a champion sitter at this point, whereas Carson and Emmett could only sit for a minute or so before toppling.
Seriously, all the moving around he does has me running ragged! Carson doesn't understand the ban on small objects on the floor...

2 comments:

Pam Emmons said...

Yay Emmett! I hope I get to meet this kid when I come up. I think Noah crawled a few weeks before he turned 6 months, but Noah was just born in motion!

Melinda said...

Way to go, Emmett!! I LOVE the dinosaur at the end. Reminded me that we used to call Evie's unhappy squeal/scream the veloci-raptor...and no, I'm pretty sure I can't spell it.