Thursday, October 9, 2008

Apples from Angels

Some around here may be shocked to hear we've never had honeycrisp apples before (I don't think they're shipped to the Northwest?), but the sad negligence to our palette is over, and they really are the best! I've heard their praises sung many times, and would have loved to go pick them at Barthel Fruit Farm (where we've gotten strawberries and pumpkins before) but with Emmett's arrival that's just not a task I could handle with all three boys.
So, after the rotten start to the day we had today (see previous post), the visit I received was perfect! A friend paid us an impromptu visit, bearing a bag of freshly picked honeycrisps, and it was seriously an answer to the stress of the morning. She may laugh, wondering how her girls playing with Avery and Carson and the inevitable mess and noise that goes along with happy kids could leave me de-stressed, but I tell you their visit was just what I needed! Thank you so much!

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Why haven't we heard of these apples either. I just bought some from the grocery store and the sticker says they are a product of Washington state. We are from Washington and we have never heard of them before. I agree, they are great!

Aaron and Kristel said...

What a sweet friend! I'm glad she came at the right time :)