Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Struggle and Surprise

Sunday was one of those terrible days you just want to forget. Then yesterday was a stress. I had my postpartum appointment and hadn't asked anyone to watch the kids for me. Travis thought he might finish with his morning patient in time to go with me and take care of the kids. Then he calls me 25 minutes after his patient was supposed to be there. "He'll be here in 20 minutes." Great. Thankfully, the guy only has 5 teeth and Travis was able to be done in time for me to be 5 minutes late. SO worth it.

We did get to go out to lunch then, which is always nice, but that was really only because I had to squeeze in a trip to the WIC office still and I needed fed kids to help with the happy factor. Anyone who knows about the WIC office knows this trip wasn't to be relished. There's lots of waiting and lots of getting up and down, packing Emmett back and forth and dragging Avery and Carson along. Meanwhile Carson hadn't really eaten at lunch, he was overdue for his nap and I discovered he was flushed and felt a titch warm. Yipee. (Thankfully, today he seems fine) After WIC I had to fill the gas tank and I froze as it SNOWED on me! (Okay, so I said that yesterday, but it fits with theme of the post)

So, knowing my stress, how sweet was Travis to come home with these:



And because I love the little curls in the centers of Gerbera daisies:

5 comments:

Pam Emmons said...

I love it when they know you just need some flowers. Pete sent flowers to me in Utah while he was in Texas, just because he knew I was lonely without him. Those are some beautiful flowers!

Mindy said...

I never noticed that curl before. I'm glad your day was a little brighter. I remember what a pain the WIC office was...except the black security officer at the front desk he was always so nice.

Nicki said...

Oh, I'm sorry about your bad day. You can only go up from here, right? That's what I try to tell myself after a bad day...it's a pretty dangerous mindset I guess. Take care...it will keep getting better and easier!

RaQuelle Willey said...

You sure have a great husband! That really is so sweet.

Aaron and Kristel said...

Those kind of surprises are the best! Especially on the days you really need them. :) Way to go Travis!