Thursday, November 13, 2008

Blog Books - Dilemas & "Answers"

Blurb.com offers a utility to turn your blog into a book. Very cool. Unfortunately some of the different blog formats, blogger included, keep changing their code and a few months ago made Blurb's utility unable to import those blogs.

Blurb discusses the issue on their forum HERE.

If you really want to use Blurb, it looks like the most effective workaround is a utility that converts your blogger blog into a LiveJournal blog which is still supported by Blurb. Apparently this does take a little work, but it's much faster than copy/paste. You can download the blog2blog utility HERE.

Otherwise, here are other sites I've found that print blogs. I know Blurb makes an excellent product, but I don't know anything about these so I can't vouch for them.

http://serv.sharedbook.com/blogworld/printmyblog/index.html

https://www.scrapbookblogger.com/

Hope that helps.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so smart Laurie, I love it!! Thanks for the info :)

Unknown said...

Thank you for restoring order to my mind. Let's always be friends :)