Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight the movie

Well, I saw it tonight with some girlfriends! (I will not spoil anything here...)
When reading the book, in the privacy of my own head I can enjoy the romantic aspects, although an outside part of me recognizes in the light of day some parts especially could easily turn cheesy. That being said, I was prepared to find the movie a bit cheesy. What I didn't count on was the impact of a theater full of teenagers and pre-teens! Lets just say we were laughing frequently, but at the responses from the swooning kids!
SO I think I would have enjoyed the movie more the first time through watching it alone in my own home. (It would still be cheesy watching it with Travis knowing what he must be thinking)
Overall, I think it was an alright adaptation. There were definitely some moments I really enjoyed. I can live with some plot changes as long as they don't affect a later book or the series as a whole or who the characters really are. I didn't particularly like 2 lines at the end of the movie that I thought were out of character.
As changes go, the BIGGEST disappointment for me was actually Edward's Volvo. IT WAS THE WRONG VOLVO. I guess the C30 is supposed to be sportier, but you know what I think? Who wants to see a stupid hatchback looking Volvo? It took all the sexiness out of any car scene. It looked feminine to me. I much prefer the intended S60R. VERY annoying change for me...
Anyway, thanks for the fun night, ladies!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

I wanted to see some sweet cars too!

Pam Emmons said...

Well, I won't be seeing it for a few weeks, and I have to take Pete, so I am sure it will be a little cheesy with him. I wish all of us could have gone together!

Mandie said...

That is funny about the car thing! I didn't remember the kind of car, but it just didn't look cool to me. Did you see his interview on Ellen? He can't even drive! I thought that was funny.