Saturday, November 29, 2008

Last Thanksgiving in the Midwest

For Thanksgiving we went to Ohio again to be with my Uncle Del and his family. We've had such a great time visiting them over our years out here in the Midwest and I'm definitely going to miss that when we go back to Oregon. Christopher, Cameron, Jenna, you're VERY welcome to come our place next year if you can make it out of Utah!

When we got to Ohio Wednesday night, Avery was already asking to take a bath in Del and Darla's bit spa tub. He had to wait a day, but he got his wish...
Thanksgiving this year was actually down in Cincinnati where Darla's family is from. Thanks to JD and Debbie for hosting us!
I don't have a clue where the clown wig came from...
The boys loved these stacking slide things. I remember playing with those things when I was a kid! Of course, I'm including Travis when I say boys...
Avery discovers the whoopee cushion...
Julia with Emmett, Sarah and MaKenna:
MaKenna and Avery (the tryptophan must have kicked in):
Emmett and Jenna enjoying a joke?
Sleeping babies are just so sweet!
The day after Thanksgiving Avery and Carson watched Darla do some Christmas wrapping and each of them got smacked with a bow:
Carson figures he needs an airplane on his head too.Time to go home... Carson was having non of it...
Carson, Julia, Jenna, Avery, Sarah, MaKenna, Emmett and Ivy (the dog)

Carson had some excellent sleep hair after one of his naps in the car on the way home...

Thanks Del and Darla for another great Thanksgiving! Thanks girls for all your time with the boys, especially Sarah and MaKenna! Thanks Jenna for the use of your room again and for being awesome enough to know Twilight is where it's at! Thanks Julia for one of my favorite parts - getting to puzzle with you and do the crosswords!
Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Aaron and Kristel said...

How fun! It looks like you and your boys had a Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Mindy said...

Emmett is getting big. (Is it just me or am I always saying that?...well, it's true!) Nice hair Carson! hahaha. I bet Avery came out all pruny--my kids would be begging for that bath too.
What a great time! Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

I would check into what's in the water in Ohio if after a bath you get clown hair! Carson must not have bathed as long and thank goodness Emmett just doesn't have enough yet to be affected. Why is there no photo of you? What happened to your hair? You did take a shower????

Unknown said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the bath picture. It's so beautiful! I'm not even kidding, in case you think I am.

It was fun to see you today! As I drove home I was thinking I'd love a repeat scenerio. Thanks for all the tips about the you-know-what. (Christmas present)