Sunday, November 2, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

We went to the pumpkin patch for playgroup last week. I was waiting to post about it until we carved the big pumpkin we brought home. It actually would have been our first time carving one, how pathetic is that! Unfortunately, with Travis studying every night when he came home, it just never happened. :( So we're still pathetic.

The day we went to the pumpkin patch was deceptively beautiful - it was cold! It was my first time out on my own with all three boys, and I definitely had my hands full. I had Emmett in the carrier and I thought he would sleep the whole time. No such luck. So I didn't get many pictures, or the kinds I wanted. I didn't get any of the group of kids sitting together, so thanks to those who shared with me.

Okay, this picture looks a lot more violent than I think it was. I'm sure he was just trying to stand on it...
They were a happier bunch than last year's pictures showed...
Hailey and Carter ventured off into another patch and there was this very picturesque, bright orange tree behind them. I took a couple pictures and then it looked very strange when a cloud covered the tree but hadn't reached the ones behind it:
And here's Emmett, all bundled in his bunting and still in the carrier when I strapped him into his car seat, finally asleep since he didn't cooperate at the patch. He was really cute as this little ball of bunting. I liked Carolyn's words for him "a precious little nugget."

3 comments:

Mandie said...

If it makes you feel better, this was the first year John and my kids have carved a pumpkin. I did it as a kid, but got out of the habit when we got married, but no more, back to tradition!

RaQuelle Willey said...

Looks like fun. Had to laugh at the boys being boys picture. Cool picture you took of the cloud by the way.

Anonymous said...

I like Carson's orange jacket. It proves he belongs there having a good time.