Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veteran's Day

Happy Veteran's Day, Daddy!

My Dad (on the right) when he was a very young stud in 1957:
In 1969 or '70:
And in 1998 the traveling Vietnam Veteran's Wall came to town. Every name on the wall was read and they asked former service men to read them. My Dad was one of them. (That's right, my Dad can still fit in his uniform!)
You served a lot of years in the Air Force, including some not so great ones in Vietnam, so today I hope you
have a great Veteran's Day, Daddy!

4 comments:

Angela said...

I didn't know that about your dad! My dad served in Vietam too. He actually told me some of the stuff he did and went through once. It's hard to believe some of the stuff they did over there. My dad was a Marine. God Bless ALL the Veteran's

Anonymous said...

I love you sweet pea. Thanx. - Dad

Mindy said...

What a nice memorial. Thanks for posting this. I could use the reminder a little more often.

Carolyn Hanson said...

That is sweet. I love the comment from your Dad too. :)