Friday, July 9, 2010

Strawberry Rhubarb Pie

Saturday of the 4th of July weekend Avery made strawberry rhubarb pie. Alas, this is the only picture I have of this. (I was busy chopping rhubarb and cutting strawberries and the finished product just didn't last long enough to smile for a picture)
Marcella,Avery

Avery got to measure and mix and what have you the whole crust... so it was difficult for Grandma to put together and the pie completely sogged through the bottom so it really didn't turn out. But it tasted just fine and Avery got to do it!

There's a picture of what it's supposed to look like here, which was the last time I had strawberry rhubarb pie and why I begged my Mom to bring some rhubarb so we could make one!

Also my Mom and I got to go see Eclipse together that afternoon with some friends and then I took her downtown to look at a few shops. All good things that Saturday. Of course, there was an annoyance, I'll post that next...

No comments: