Monday, November 8, 2010

So You Think You Can Dance

Last night I went to the tour of So You Think You Can Dance with Angela. As much as I loved this season I think my favorite dances from last year still beat my favorites from this year.

Excited and ready to go!!!
Angela,Laurie,SYTYCD

Opening shot of the crew.
SYTYCD

And here are plenty of moments from the night:
SYTYCD

SYTYCD

SYTYCD

After the show we hit the famous Voodoo Doughnut (since they're open 24 hours) which neither of us had been to yet. (Seriously, these guys are a famous spot in Portland).
We each brought a dozen home.
Voodoo Doughnut

Actually, I chose the "you pick my dozen for me" route, and then I had them add the namesake Voodoo Doll doughnut and the famous bacon maple bar. Here's a shot of goodness layer one (why, yes, that is an Oreo covered doughnut, and it was divine! They also have a few different cereal covered doughnuts like Cocoa Puffs and Captain Crunch)
Voodoo Doughnut

And here's goodness layer two. Travis and I shared the bacon maple and the Oreo doughnut for breakfast this morning and for dessert tonight we cut most of these bad boys up so the five of us could all try each one.
Voodoo Doughnut

They're definitely good doughnuts, but there are some closer local spots here with doughnuts just as good, however, Voodoo has anyone beat on variety and creativity. Actually, Voodoo has a rather, um, interesting menu... If ever you're in Portland, check them out!

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

First off, my gosh, you're photogenic! Do you ever take a bad picture?

So you think you can dance would be SO fun to go see. The pictures look amazing. I watched it while we lived with my mom for those few months while I was preggers, but since then, I never remember when it's on. If only it was on Hulu!

I've never heard of Voodoo doughnuts. They look good and disgusting at the same time-- holy sweetness!