Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Hello, what's your name?

Here's a conversation with Avery today after he'd being going on about moving to Oregon (a very exciting and frequently revisited topic):

Avery: Mom, I'm a little nervous about making new friends.
Laurie: Yeah?

Avery: And I'm going to miss my friends.

Laurie: I know, Avery.

Avery: Mom, my eyes are a little watery


That was cute because I could see he was getting emotional, but I don't think it went far enough for him to realize he was, so I think his notice of his watery eyes was completely unrelated!

Laurie: I'm going to miss our friends too. And you know what? I'm a little nervous about making new friends too.
Avery: But Mom, that's why we can say, "Hello, what's your name?"


You're right Avery, and I think you'll do just fine making new friends.

After more generalized "I'm so excited to move to Oregon" conversation, Avery exclaimed, "We're going to live in Oregon forever! And then we'll live with Jesus!"

Sounds like a good plan to me, Avery!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Out of the mouth of babes. Reminds me of his mother saying, 'That's how we make new friends' at a tender age.