Friday, August 1, 2008

That's a DOOR, Avery



Two days ago Avery had a run in with our front door... literally.

When the front door is ajar, it rests open in just the right spot to put the end dead in the middle of the opening between the kitchen and our little entryway. Avery had been playing outside and came in for a brief pit stop. Then, as he ran back through the kitchen to the front, he managed to trip right before reaching the door, which he would have swung out of the way. Instead he smacked HARD, forehead first, into the corner of the door.

If that's doesn't give you a headache, I don't know what will, so we gave him some children's Tylenol and he sat with an ice pack for 20 minutes.


I'm sure you enjoy looking up Avery's nose - at least it's clean :) - but I wanted to try and get a profile of his rather long goose egg.













Here's a shot from today of the aftermath - no more lump, just lovely color and some scratches I'm not sure I realized were there before:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's giving me a queezy stomach! Tell Avery that Grandma said 'WHOA NELLY!!! (and Avery).