Saturday, August 2, 2008

When Avery "works hard"

Avery loves his tools. He uses them frequently. He loves to "fix" things. But yesterday I had to get the camera out and snap a quick shot because for once Avery was really getting into character - the hard hat, the safety goggles, packing around his toolbox, etc. Later he even put on his tool belt with suspenders (tho the goggles had disappeared by then). It was the dress up part that brought the camera out. I'm sure this may be the norm for lots of kids, but Avery doesn't usually go all out with a play activity and it's fun to see him get more immersed.

I love that after some serious playing Avery often informs me, in a very serious tone, that he's been "working hard."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you taught him 'I've been workin' on the railraod'. Wonder if you can find it online for him to hear. I love the goggles.....I want a pair for Christmas....hint, hint....(I'm serious).