Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Avery and Carson meet Emmett

The boys came to meet their new baby brother this morning! Avery was SOOO excited. He came right over and wanted to sit with me and hold Emmett and he was just so darn cute!

Brother's love at first sight:
A second after that shot Avery leaned in to give him Eskimo kisses! When he sat with me he was full of kisses and would stretch when Emmett did and pretend to yawn when Emmett did and and so forth. He was just so fascinated!

This, however, is as interested as Carson got...
Carson did want to sit with me for a few minutes and he gave Emmett a few disinterested peeks, but he was quickly bored.

Here's a video of Avery with me and the baby. Sometimes you can hear Carson busy driving his trucks in the background...


Avery couldn't get enough of holding Emmett:
I don't think he particularly wanted to share him with Daddy, although he thought that was very nice of Daddy to give Emmett a kiss...
Avery's already a great big brother, and I know Carson will be too, he just doesn't know it yet!

10 comments:

Mandie said...

I really like the name Emmett. You didn't get it from a certain book did you? I also have to comment on the first picture you took with Avery. That has to be the most precious hospital picture I have ever seen!

Laurie said...

Okay, I just have to say here that Emmett was on the list for each previous boy too. Oh, and Travis new it was an *ahem* "novel" name, so no I didn't pull anything on him! :)
I have laughed tho, mostly for Travis' sake, knowing we'd get some commentary on that...

RaQuelle Willey said...

So cute seeing the picture/video with Avery and his little brother. Loved coming to see you tonight! Your baby is precious and you look amazing!

Mindy said...

You could have given him a middle name of Jasper and then just gone by J! Just kidding.
Carson looks bored out of his mind, but I bet that will change once you get the baby home. Avery looks like he's never been happier--such special moments you are capturing here. It's amazing to see a baby and already recognize a sweet spirit. Just precious.

RaQuelle Willey said...

P.s. I second that about the first pictures on this post. so precious with Avery looking at his baby brother.

Aaron and Kristel said...

Those pictures are so precious! Thanks for letting RaQuelle and I come see that adorable little boy!!!! I enjoyed every minute :) PS.. you look awesome!!!!!!

Pam Emmons said...

I thought the same thing Mandie did... it would be like you to name your kid after a character in the BEST SERIES EVER!

Sherri said...

So sweet to see Avery with his new brother. Very cute!
Lynn's comment on Emmet when I told her his name. Hmmm...did she name him after the character in the book? Can't help but wonder these things. At least you did have the name already picked out years ago.

DeAnna H said...

OK, it brought tears to my eyes. Being at the office I had to keep my back turned though. Avery has been waiting a long time for this and is finally able to show the love he has for his brother. Can you imagine what must be going through his mind? Avery has been a great brother for Carson and now he has "2" to love and play with.

Anonymous said...

I imagine it's almost like a present at Christmas for Avery. I wonder if he'll be able to hold this memory. He's certainly old enough to start saving special memories for later in life. Keeping pictures of 'angel' boys on the refrigerator or desk top may help you when you feel as though you brought them into this life and you can send them out again!!! if they don't stop.......