Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Introducing...

...we'll let you know when we're sure. :) We have two names and we just want to make sure we've given him the right one, so we'll let everyone know when it's official.

Hunsaker boy #3
born 9:18am on 9-9-08 (8 days overdue)
8 pounds 6 ounces
20 inches

Avery has always been a mini-me of Travis and when Carson was born we thought he was nearly Avery's twin but not so much Travis. While he does have his own look, this baby is nearly Carson's twin and not very Avery at all. Funny how that works out.

Here's some pictures, and after that a bit more info on what happened.

Bath time!




Okay, so this is definitely more than a "bit" more info...

As is probably fairly well known, I just like to wait and let things happen according to baby and my body's preference. I had delivered naturally twice before and planned to do the same with this baby. Getting far enough past due and stressing my Dr. out, last Friday I agreed we could break my water on Tuesday (today) since I had progressed to 3cm etc. etc. I was still very nervous about that decision and hoped Monday's check would show I had moved along. Sure enough I was 5cm and 80% thinned out, so I felt much better about coming in on Tuesday.

While it probably wasn't the wisest choice considering how far along I was, we went grocery shopping last night and I think it very nearly put me into labor. Travis said I certainly looked like it with the way I was inching along, apparently with my knees together like I was trying to hold the baby in, and he can't describe to me the look on my face. (I do NOT recall that I was doing any more than stepping gingerly). However, after getting home things calmed down and we could keep to the plan (which was by far the most convienent what with sitter's all set for the kids).

We arrived at the hospital at 5:30 and at 6:12 they did the amniotomy. I was dilated to a 6 then. When my Dr. arrived she had an amusing story for us. Apparently my Dr. had a dream about me last night that I decided I wasn't going to come in and I was just going to wait until I dilated all the way and the baby was coming out. (No thanks, that happened unintentionally with my first!) When she got up this morning she very nearly called in just to make sure I had arrived! What does that say about my need to wait wait wait...

So here's the crazy part to the labor: when she checked me my Dr. was flabbergasted to find that the baby had come down significantly but brought some of my uterus and my cervix with him so much that it was pulled over his head and without the pressure on the cervix it had collapsed back to 3cm! It was easily stretched, so I hadn't regressed or anything, but now the concern was getting it to retract back.

Happily, after some specific positioning as I continued to labor, when she came back it had retracted and I had made it to 9cm. Not many minutes later we had our 3rd baby boy.

I'm sure I'll post some shots comparing each of my boys as newborns later. Must... sleep... now...

15 comments:

Jodee Luke said...

Hooray!!! Glad all is well, btw the boys were great this morning!

Mindy said...

He is SO cute! Congratulations. Hope you bounce back right away.

Dennis and Amber Ogilvie said...

YEAH! Congrats! Wow number 3 you'll be busy!

Amber

Kristin and Guy said...

Congrats, guys! Glad everything went well.

Unknown said...

Yay! Good job, Laurie! I'm so glad it went as you hoped and the Dr. didn't need to pull any fast ones on you :) and that those positions helped! That's funny that she dreampt about you... Success! Congratulations!!

Pam Emmons said...

Finally!! I am so glad ait all went well. I can't wait to hear his name. Keep posting pics. Wish I was there to snuggle him.

T & E's Blog said...

Congratulations!!! I can't believe you were blogging and not sleeping! I can't wait to hear the name!
Erin

Anonymous said...

You look really good. Travis looks a little tired. Can't wait to see the comparison shots of the boys. What perfect features he has. I love those little cheeks. Good work!!!!!

Aaron and Kristel said...

How CUTE is he!!!!!! I'm soo excited to come see him tomorrow :) Yay, for baby boy #3!!!!!

Angela said...

Congrats! I'm glad all went well. Try to relax.

Mandie said...

Congrats!! I can't believe you are a mother of 3! You have to let me know how it goes, I am terrified. Keep posting pictures, I sure wish I was there to see him in person.

Unknown said...

Aww congrats! Both you and Hunsaker boy #3 look great! (believe me I can understand how hard it is to choose a name I'm going through that right now)
Hey, his first birthday will be on 09-09-09. Incidentally that is my sister's birthday too;) Lydia is having her c-section today, and I'm due in November so I can't wait to get everyone together! I'm so happy for you guys and I can't wait to find out what his name is!

DeAnna H said...

I am so glad Emmett J is finally here. He may not look a lot like Avery, but he still looks like his brothers. He is so-o-o-o-o-o cute. You guys do such a good job bringing us such beautiful(oh! handsome)boys to the family. I wish I could hold him and give him lots of Grammy kisses. I will have to save them up & shower him with them when I see him(you guys) on the 22nd.

RaQuelle Willey said...

Congrats! Wow, what a story. Thats funny that your doctor dreamed about you. He is a handsome baby boy!

Anonymous said...

I was looking at some of your older blogs and came across 'Body Work' on Sept 3rd. I know Travis did a good job on that project but I have to say he takes second compared to the 'body work' you have achieved with Emmett and yourself. Way to go!!!