Sunday, September 28, 2008

Carson is 18 months

He's 17 mo here, but I just loved this shot too much.
I can't believe my baby is 18 months!
Although we've been talking for a while now about our baby not being much of a baby any more, in the last almost 3 weeks since Emmett was born we've REALLY realized that fact. Carson was our little guy! And then Emmett came along and reminded us how BIG Carson has gotten! Suddenly it's like Carson has put on 50 pounds and grown 5 feet!
So our now-big little guy is
playing with his brother like a big boy,
undressing and trying to dress himself,
doing a great job with his silverware,
expanding his vocabulary,
is an expert jumper and runner,
his favorite game is not just to be tickled, but to "ticka, 'icka, 'ickle" others,
and so many other things we should long since have recognized as signs that Carson has left babyhood.
Carson has a very happy, sweet nature. He loves hugs. Every time he notices Emmett, he has a kiss or nuzzle for him and Emmett's always included in the round of good night hugs. After he and Avery have a "disagreement" (or more like Avery gets a time out) Carson comes looking for a hug to make things right again.
I just love this boy. Those big blue eyes, his cute full lips, and his round cheeks; he's just so squeezable!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I love that picture of Carson!

RaQuelle Willey said...

Wow, this is such a good picture! Did you take it? If so I"m really impressed. Love the innocents of it and his expression is just priceless! love it!!!

Laurie said...

Thanks, yup, it's mine. Like I've recently said, I'm a sucker for up close and personal shots, so I take a lot of them.

Aaron and Kristel said...

One word.. Handsome!! Where does the time go??