Sunday, January 4, 2009

Allergic to Buttons

But, look, Mom, I'm allergic to _____"

There's 2 things in that phrase that are Avery identifiers right now.

First, he says "look" ALL the time now. He can say it 4 times before he actually says anything...
"Look, Mom, but look. Mo-om, look, I don't. Look, Mom, I don't like gravy"

Second, he's discovered the word "allergic." Not that he has full knowledge of its meaning. This morning, because he didn't want to even try to do his own buttons on his shirt (even though he can, he just needs more practice to be efficient) that allergic phrase was filled in with buttons.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

That's really funny.

RaQuelle Willey said...

what a creative kid, what ever works to get out of it.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I've got to take some lessons from this kid and work on my use of allergic.