Monday, July 14, 2008

"And now all my wildest dreams have come true!"

Or so Travis exclaimed to me last night.
I responded with:
"Yeah, and those are: you married a hot chick; produced more than one heir; and now you've finally gotten rid of the ugly couch you inherited with your hot chick, right?"

That's right folks, it was all about the couch I brought along from my parents house when we were first married and didn't have anything...

When we first moved to Milwaukee and had an 8 month old, this is what this corner of our living room looked like:
After not too long, the ugly papasan and pillows were moved to the basement to make room for a shelf system of buckets for toys. Probably after only one Christmas and/or birthday or other packages sent to the boys, the buckets were clearly not enough. We were completely overflowing and it's gotten much worse since the picture below. Since the brown couch rarely got used as anything but a catch all, we finally decided to get rid of it.
After selling it to a newly moved to Milwaukee couple last night, this is what the corner of our living room looks like now:
Yes, I think it's absolutely ridiculous. :) But the boys owe many thanks to generous grandparents because otherwise our boys' toy corner would probably make them look neglected...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the new look! TOYS, TOYS, TOYS, yayy :)

Anonymous said...

My couch, my couch!!!!
I still think it was green.
And all must know that I never liked it either. It was ugly and uncomfortable. However, as a young mother if you could get a nap you were always so exhausted that you could sleep on it anyway. It came with your father until we could afford another (after you left home). Should you find you miss it I have seen the same fabric on a couch on the front porch of a house near your former grade school.