Friday, July 11, 2008

Welcome back to Wisconsin...

We arrived home in Milwaukee from Oregon last Sunday, the 6th, around 8am after enduring some red eye flights. On Monday morning I felt Wisconsin welcomed us home in style with a blazing thunderstorm that knocked our power out a little before 9am.

By an appointment I had at 11 the power still wasn't back. Since the timing was right and we were already halfway downtown and I assumed I wouldn't be able to get in the fridge at home with no power, I decided to take the boys down and see if Travis could have lunch with us. It was a long shot since often enough he only has about 20 minutes to scarf his food between patients. Much to our pleasure, (and unfortunately for Travis) his patient who had been scheduled for the full day had no-showed and we all went out for lunch.

Sure enough, when we did get home the power was still out. Gotta love this place and its thunderstorms...

1 comment:

Carolyn Hanson said...

Welcome back! It looks like you had so much fun-I'm glad. You take GREAT pics, Laurie! So many in fact, I lost count of all the ones I particularly liked. Way to go!