Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Bucking Hay

The horses needed hay so earlier this week Avery was very excited to "go get hay on the trailer." Sure, exciting for him... But while Papa, Travis and aunt Katrina bucked the hay and I drove the flatbed along for them, Avery loved riding along on the trailer (until it started being filled, then he joined me in the flatbed cab). Since I was driving, I obviously don't have many pictures of the hay being moved, yet I still have plenty I'm going to share... :)
Here are some shots of me playing with the sun behind Avery while some stacking was being organized.
Look! A picture of Travis actually bucking the hay!
Avery was so happy...
Love this look on Travis... can you say itchy...
Travis is holding a tie down here while Ben tightens it and I believe this look says something like, "do you really need to point that thing at me now?"
Avery found some loose hay. What's he going to do with it?...
Oh. Thanks, buddy.
Avery taking off with a tie down. Round and round and round he went...
All the hard workers - 5 tons later! 145 bales at ~70 pounds each and no, they were NOT unloading that night!
And this is the only way to clean off all that itchy hay. The water was still freezing from the pool only being set up a few days earlier, so the dip was short lived, but thoroughly enjoyed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The joys of childhood and summer combined. How can you go wrong? Travis sure looks like his dad in the one where he's smiling with the nice crown of hay. Hope the boys are sleeping well at nights for you after all of their activities.

RaQuelle Willey said...

Love the sun pictures with Avery and the itchy Travis. Looks like so fun