Friday, July 18, 2008

My brilliant move

I've always had back problems, so of course pregnancy can be a real trial with that. This third time around is once again more difficult than the last. Everything is just so loose! Lately my left SI joint has been the main criminal.

So yesterday as Avery is eating his lunch, I'm cleaning up around all the plants I have shelved in a corner of the kitchen. I moved one chair back a little more out of my way... only to try and sit on the then absent chair a few minutes later. Classic chair pulled out from you moment. I landed on my butt pretty hard and needless to say it did not feel good. At least Avery was concerned for me instead of laughing at me!

In the beginning I seemed alright, but it didn't take long before I couldn't even walk. The dumb fall must have jostled things around enough that my left leg just couldn't support me and all I got was a stab in that left SI joint.

Thankfully this morning I got up and things must have settled back into relatively proper order because I could walk again. For an extra measure of security I threw on the big ol' maternity belt, but unfortunately every so often I feel like I'm on the edge of that left side collapsing again!

I still have six weeks to go - here's hoping my back holds out and I don't do anything else stupid!

6 comments:

Angela said...

Ouch! I can relate. It was worse with Ammon than with Ethan and I wasn't even working! Oh and I fell twice with Ammon spraining my ankle each time. I hope it gets better for you.

RaQuelle Willey said...

OH no! I hope your ok because we are partying this week for ya!

Mandie said...

sorry about that. That does not make me excited to have number 3! I know a really good chiropractor out there that could make you all better, I promise.

Anonymous said...

That is scary my friend! I'm glad you're okay...kinda. :)

Anonymous said...

That doesn't sound right..I meant kinda okay (your back)... not the other way around...um... you know what i meant. Bad choice of words, forgive me :)

Mindy said...

I got probs with my SI joints too. Doesn't sound so comfy to go to the chiropractor while pregnant...but since everything is usually more loose they can really help. Go right after you deliver the baby too because things will still be flexible and you can get everything in the right spot as you heal and solidify. Good luck. Hate, hate, hate back pain in pregnancy. Or anytime.