Thursday, July 17, 2008

Tagged...

How long have you been together? Married 6 years next month
Who eats more? Travis, but I do more than enough!
Who said I love you first? Travis
Who is taller? Travis (are you kidding me? by almost a foot!)
Who sings better? neither of us can do more than carry a tune as long as we're following along with something else
Who is smarter? um... Travis has said me, but I think it's probably a draw - we each have our strengths and weaknesses.
Who does the laundry? Both - Travis NEVER folds and has difficulty putting away, but he throws a lot of loads in for me.
Who does the dishes? Me. But I put my foot down about big dishes that have to be hand washed that Travis dirties himself. Plus, there are just some items - like the indoor grill - that he just gets to do. Sometimes when I do a little pleading he'll help out with a load of big hand wash items...
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Me (is that right side as you're laying on it looking up, yes?)
Who pays the bills? Me
Who mows the lawn? Travis
Who cooks dinner? Me, unless it's waffles and usually Travis for the grill.
Who drives when you are together? Travis
Who is more stubborn? Travis has his moments - but definitely me.
Whose parents do you see the most? Travis'
Who kissed who first? Travis kissed me first - after asking! SO sweet
!
Who
proposed? Travis, while visiting and meeting my parents for the first time. It wasn't a surprise the proposal was coming since he was there to meet the parents and ask my Dad's permission. Which he did on the Scrabble board after we had played a game with my parents and we were "cleaning up" with some "help" from my Mom. So I didn't get anything elaborate since he didn't know the place, but I did get woken up early with breakfast in bed and a teddy bear - the ring was zipped into the bear's belly!
Who is more sensitive? Me, hands down!
Who has more friends? Not sure, probably me, but I certainly seem to have a need for my friends more than Travis - of course that probably has something to do with me being female...
Who has more siblings? Travis. Actually, hmm - Travis has 3 younger, I have 1 younger - but I also have 3 older half-siblings... Does that mean I have a total of 2 and a half siblings?
Who wears the pants in the family? We're definitely partners BUT, when it comes right down to it and an executive decision needs to be made after plenty of discussion, I honestly think there's more than one pair and they look very different. Travis probably has the important, expensive, CEO slacks on, while I wear the every day jeans... (Funny how that's rather backwards to what we would prefer our personal style to be...)


I tag: Carolyn Hanson, Mindy McLane, Nikki Morton

1 comment:

Carolyn Hanson said...

Great post, Laurie! Love the description of the 'pants' you two wear. I actually have already been tagged about this topic. So, if you're really interested in my post, just check it out. (You may have to go back a few pages to find it...)

GREAT PICS, by the way. (I'm talking about the fountain pics.) You're very talented!