Sunday, December 7, 2008

Avery's 4th Birthday Party

Yesterday morning we had Avery's birthday party with a small group of his friends. He chose a Cars theme (which I suppose is handy since that's far and away Carson's favorite so we'll use the stuff for Carson when he turns 2 in March.)
We played Pin the Hook on Mater (yeah, I'm not that creative, I thought I was last year with Pin the Scoop on the Tractor for Avery's John Deere theme but now I'm sure next year I'll rehash with another version...)
We had a pinata, but it turned out to not be the kind you hit. Instead, the kids take turns pulling ribbons from the bottom until the lucky kid pulls the right one to open the hatch.
Mad dash for the candy (and the only shot of our decorations):
Then we had cupcakes. I even used Cars cupcake papers, but of course that was pointless because you couldn't tell with the chocolate once they were baked. So, purely for my own satisfaction, I stuck the center cupcake in an extra paper just so I could see the design...
When you have a group of little kids, you may get help blowing the candles out...


Somehow Carson managed to "lose" his cupcake top under his chin. It was stuck on with the frosting...

Thanks for a fun Birthday Party, Avery!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

It is so funny that one of the kids tried to help Avery blow out his candles. Guess he didn't like that huh?! It looks like a lot of fun. Happy Birthday Avery!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Avery!!!! You can come help me blow out my birthday candles someday. Tell Mater 'Hi' for me.

RaQuelle Willey said...

That is so classic with the video. Sienna had so much fun thanks again. looks like they had a great time.
p.s. sienna watched the video of me and keeps wanting to watch it over and over.

RaQuelle Willey said...

apparently I was typing to fast... she keeps watching the video of the party.