Sunday, December 21, 2008

Icey Ingenuity

My sister-in-law, Megan, and her horse have a carriage from when they did eventing. With Oregon getting hit by the same storm system that got my parents up in Spokane, my father-in-law Ben decided to modify the carriage. They went to a thrift store, and got a pair of skis for something like $15. He took the bindings off the skis, welded up some framework to a metal pipe that could fit over the carriage axle and be taken easily off and, voila: they have a one horse open sleigh!
This picture is from yesterday. The tree is completely coated in ice and the fence is covered in ice cycles (click on it to enlarge).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what fun it is to ride in....!!! How fun for everyone now and in future winters.

Unknown said...

Hee hee, icey ingenuity...I like it. It was so much fun for me and Katrina to go on a long sleigh ride on Christmas Day! What would I do without my inventiveness and Dad's shop???

RaQuelle Willey said...

that looks like a lot of fun!

Mindy said...

You know or are related to some of the handiest people! I like to show Chad all your pictures and tell him the stories...he's amazed.