Monday, December 8, 2008

Ward Christmas Party

Saturday night we had our ward Christmas party which was really well done. Unfortunately, Avery was in a classic post-birthday party slump. He was being very obstinate, he didn't want to go, he didn't want to eat (even tho he loves ham) he just didn't didn't didn't. I was on the verge of packing the boys up and leaving when Kate (Avery's friend Jack's mom) came to the rescue. The Primary kids who wanted to were putting on a Nativity character themed fashion show. I didn't even try with Avery and his attitude, but when Jack's mom asked, then of course it was okay. I guess they had extra dress up stuff and Avery got to be a shepherd. Thankfully (thank you Kate!), after that his attitude was much improved and we could stay!

And that meant Avery got to see Santa!
Carson wasn't too thrilled though...

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I LOVE the crying kid on Santa's lap picture...seems like every year one of our kids is bawling on Santa's lap. Classic!

RaQuelle Willey said...

awesome outfit! Gotta love the santa pictures, crying or not.
Glad Avery got happy so you could stay and enjoy the party

Pam Emmons said...

Looks like fun!

So, Ryan Shupe... my brother-in-law lived next to his uncle for years, and so he heard all about those fiddlers. In fact, my sis-in-law attended a funeral (can't remember who) but the fiddlers played, and she said it was the most beautiful thing she'd ever heard. I love Shupe. I used to keep all my CD's in the van so when I had the YW with me they could listen to it. That's what they requested!

Anonymous said...

Some of those beards can have an aroma all their own. Do you suppose it might be easier to sit on Santa's lap if a child saw their parent do it first?