Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Ever seen a Sno-Baller?


This is a Sno-Baller.
And it's awesome.
If you have the right kind of snow, it works great and you can make snowballs faster than you can throw them.
Not recommended for kids indoors though - it makes a very loud clap.


Would you believe today was the first time we bundled Carson up to go outside and actually play in the snow!? Avery, Carson and Travis all got dressed to go out and play and since Emmett was sleeping I went out to take some pictures. It was a good Christmas Eve activity after all. Too bad the temperature was cooling all day so when we went out it wasn't nearly as comfortable as it had been in the morning. Carson didn't last long.
We had enough snow piled up to make a little sledding hill:
Avery loved it. Carson tried twice. He liked it the first time, but by the second run he had had more than enough.

While I was out there, the falling flakes were just right to take pictures. It was warm enough that they weren't crusty, and dry enough to fall separately instead of all clumped together.
I didn't get to take very many shots before Carson wanted to go it and it was nap time anyway.
By the time I got back out the temperature had dropped even more so that the flakes were crusty. So, sadly, I didn't get very many snowflake pictures.
Here are 2 that I did get:
This next one is a little blurry, but it was one of the more complete and (not that you can tell) larger flakes I saw.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great snowflake pics. By next winter Carson will be in the thick of things with Avery.

Pam Emmons said...

Those are pretty cool flake pictures. Did you use a macro?

Mindy said...

Woah is about all I said when I saw the sno-baller. Again, Chad is amazed. And I am even more amazed at your snowflake pictures. I TRIED with mine. You have got to email me, facebook me, or something...I need your secret! Please, a blog lesson on how you take such great photos or something. We have the same camera but unfortunately Chad is saying this about you and not about me, "She really knows how to use that camera!"

Aaron and Kristel said...

That sno-baller is awesome! i needed that growing up with three boys :)

Aaron and Kristel said...

PS.. those snowflake pictures are amazing!!