Monday, December 15, 2008

Bug-tastic

Today we took the grandparents to the Milwaukee Public Museum. Of course, the boys' favorite is walking amongst the butterflies. DeAnna's not too fond of bugs of any kind, so she held on to Emmett for me while I took pictures for her (and me of course!)
My parents meet a butterfly:
Carson was much better at holding the butterflies this time (last time):
It's pretty easy to get the butterflies in the previous pictures on your finger, but the big blue morphos are a lot more skittish. Imagine our surprise when one perched on my Dad's head. And it even obliged by sitting with it's wings open so we could see the blue:
That same friendly blue morpho later even let Travis actively pick it up:
This was also the first visit where I managed to get pictures of the boys on the beetle without a mob of poorly supervised school kids climbing all over the place!
I think this was the first time I ever noticed the big dino print that Avery was stepping in here! (It's where the T-rex is eating another dinosaur.)
Meanwhile, Emmett found his hands more interesting than anything the museum could offer:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Avery is trailing the dino instead of the other way around!

Mindy said...

I just laughed when you mentioned the poorly supervised school children...brings back memories. You have great pictures.
Maybe reading my camera manual should be my new year's resolution.