Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Odyssey

We all know a Honda Odyssey is a van. We even own this one.

But now we own another Honda Odyssey.

No, not another van. The van has only been around since 1994. I'm talking about the original Honda Odyssey, built between 1976 and 1985.

THIS is a Honda Odyssey:
Travis,Avery

This mini sand rail is a fun little thing with a reputation for being well built and long lasting. The controls are on the steering wheel, so leg length isn't an issue. Avery can drive it with a little jogging along by Dad to keep him controlled while he's learning.
Travis,Avery

This is one of the things Craigslist has done to us lately. We have also found helmets for Avery and myself to go with this on Craigslist. (Travis would like to point out here that our Odyssey van was also found on Craigslist.)

Travis and Avery went to pick up the Odyssey ATV back at the first of May while I stayed home with Carson and a napping Emmett. They took it to Travis' parents to play with it (and because we'll have to keep it there). When Emmett woke up we joined them. Grandma took pictures while I was gone and then handed me her camera when I got there. (so I borrowed the card to take home and get all these pictures).

The first thing Emmett wanted was his Papa, until he realized Daddy was driving away.
Ben,Emmett

So Daddy took him for a ride. I think he enjoyed it, but he sure looks concerned!
Travis,Emmett

Then it was my turn
Laurie

After coming around the woods in the back of the house, I met up with Emmett and Papa set us up for for a "race"
Ben,Laurie,Emmett

Emmett liked joining in by riding cousin Alli's 4 wheeler. Isn't he so cute!
Emmett

We did buy one that runs, but it still needs some work other than cleaning it up. For one, it'll die if you don't keep giving it a bit of gas, so it's a two person job to switch drivers.
Travis,Laurie

Then it was Avery's turn again so I could see him drive
Travis,Emmett,Avery

Seriously, this kid is too cute
Emmett

Then a miracle happened. Carson got in,with some whining, but then he enjoyed it! Maybe now he won't be afraid of the tractor and the 4 wheeler and all those other terrifying things. In fact, when he saw me working on this post he said, "I want to ride that again because that is fun!" Wow, really? I like this new Carson!
Carson,Travis

One more big Craigslist buy to reveal yet - I'm thinking of banning Travis! :)

3 comments:

Mom said...

Wow, I think even I could do this one and enjoy it.

Emmett is a cutie and Avery is lovin' it! Mom, Dad and Carson are all in too. I think it may be one of your best purchases. Guess I'll have to wait to see the next post.

RaQuelle Willey said...

no way, you weren't kidding, wow! That looks like a ton of fun!

Aaron and Kristel said...

What a fun new toy! Looks like you all are having way too much fun riding the Odyssey! :)